Thursday, October 16, 2008

What was I taking a break from?!

My last post was in January. JAN-U-A-RY. What followed later of course, has been nothing short of divine comedy. My preparations to transition from being film-student to film-maker, learning of the greatness that is, xkcd, grieving the loss of my grandmother, ending a roller coaster relationship, ending film school, being part of film school, spending some of the most beautiful moments I could possibly ever have, learning and enjoying more of the delight that is Prague, eating ice-cream in a snowstorm. (Events listed in reverse chronological order). The present of course seems to be so much funnier, it almost seems staged. Really. How else does one explain the visit to Bombay. Or the trip to Kodai. (Don't worry, an explanation to either, is not coming up, anytime soon)

Reading my previous post in this blog, pushes me a little into reflection. I don't think I disagree with it at all. Good. I'm still sane and coherent. But I don't know where I'm quoting this from, but "with time, comes acceptance". My relationships, of all kinds, just amuse me now. Maybe it's a cynical way to be, but really, the "tragedy" of everything just seems surreal. I should say, personally, being amused is a lot better way to live than being bitter about things. And it feels gooooood. Not getting angry when you think of someone or see them, I'd say is a good thing.

The bigger tragedy I see these days personally, is how little people sweat it out for relationships. That client from some bankrupt company in some bitch-ass country that's between the Pacific and the Atlantic gets 50 "man"-hours of your time a week, and your lover of years gone by, and decades to come, get's an hour, maybe two in the same week? Screw you people. Honestly speaking, you disgust me. More people being irresponsible in relationships equals, more relationships ending badly equals, more people not trusting the next crazy guy/girl to come along equals, fewer options for the next crazy guy/girl to come along - ME!!! (haven't met too many crazy girls of late).

I have finally bounded my theory and understanding of humans, and their relationships, into a full fledged thought-book. It's taken almost a decade of observing, being amused, shocked, and intrigued at probably one of the most unique aspects of the human species. And as a person who knows this book inside out, I should say... It doesn't look good. Not for me atleast.

But, "Hope is the elixir of life" (Tara- A play by Mahesh Dattani). That, and you don't get bogged down.

I don't know how depressed all this makes me sound, but truthfully, I love my life.

No comments: